It’s happened so many times, it’s become a habit: you sit next to the pool, drop your bag next to the chair, and take your towel from around your waist and wrap it around our feet. You tell your friends that the towel is to protect your feet from the sun, but the truth is that it’s to protect others from seeing the state your feet are in.
Our Treatments Keep the Whole Family on Their Feet
At Sierra Foot & Ankle, we know that it is just as important to protect the outside of your feet as the tissues beneath. That is why we determine the cause of your skin and nail problems, explain what is happening to your feet, and find ways to solve the problem that fit within your lifestyle and budget.
Here are just a few services we provide to protect and nourish your feet:
- Fungal toenail treatments. We provide comprehensive treatment for patients suffering fungal nail infections in their toenails. We have performed laser treatments, used anti-fungal medications, and even surgically removed painful fungal toenails, as well as providing patient education to stop the condition from coming back. Read through a copy of our free book, Love Your Toenails: A Guide to Treating Fungal Toenails and Keeping Your Feet Healthy, to find out more about fungal nail treatments.
- Assessing skin problems. Problems with the skin on your feet may be irritating, but they can also be dangerous. Dry or cracked feet, foot odor, or patches or red and white skin may be an indicator of a more serious problem, such as poor circulation or infection.
- Senior foot care. Our practice specializes in providing podiatry care for seniors, including taking a full health history to determine risk factors and inspecting feet to assess proper circulation and look for problems such as edema or nerve conditions. We also examine your foot structure to make sure your balance and walking abilities are not affected, offer toenail trimming services, and make sure your shoes are well-fitted to prevent falls, keeping you healthy and active for years to come.
- Unsightly toenail thinning. Thick, yellow, or brittle toenails can hold you back from doing the activities you love, such as wearing sandals or going to the pool. We can grind and thin your toenails to keep your feet looking their best, or repair nail damage using our Advanced PinPointe Nail Laser.
- Filing corns and calluses. Friction from poorly-fitting shoes can cause many painful foot complaints, such as corns, blisters, and calluses. We can debride your calluses and advise you on proper shoe choices to stop your skin from rubbing against your heels and toe joints
- Athlete's foot cures. Don’t let the constant fear of athlete’s foot keep you from doing the activities you love. We can rid you of your athlete’s foot infection and help stop you from suffering chronic outbreaks in the future.
- Improving circulation issues. We have a Certified Circ-Aid Compression Garment Fitter on site to help find the perfect socks for your vein and skin pain, and our on-site store allows you to walk out of our office with the solution to your problem in hand.
We Promise Less, But Deliver More
With over a decade of serving people in our Gardnerville offices -- and now at our new location in Carson City -- Sierra Foot & Ankle is dedicated to finding new healthy and affordable ways to help our patients love their feet. Podiatrist Victoria Melhuish is always on the lookout for new products and services of high quality with excellent price points, helping make foot care and confidence available to all patients.
Want to see a podiatrist as soon as possible? Our staff may be able to make a same-day appointment for you or your family member. Call Sierra Foot & Ankle today 888-608-8406 or fill out our quick appointment request form to have our staff contact you.
Photo Credit: nenovbrothers via FreeDigitalPhotos.net